
I love bread. It's one of my favorite breakfast ever. Here in the Philippines, we have this habit of dipping our bread on hot coffee. We also have a very special brewed coffee locally made in Batangas, one of our provinces here and we call it Kapeng Barako (Barako Coffee). Barako is the Filipino term for the male stud of an animal, and has become associated with the image of a tough man. The most famous bread in the Philippines is pan de sal.
Well, going back, I just bought a loaf of bread from a bread station in one of the malls here in Naga City. And look what I found, and look closely in the pictures below and guess what might be wrong:


Did you find it? It's right there! The phrase that says "So good... like mom"! I was like, what the heck?! Do they really mean what I was thinking? I really thought about it a long time. Presenting different angles on how one will understand and take the phrase.
This is just one of the tragic results of the misusage of the English language. Maybe what they mean is this: "So good... just like Mom's homemade bread." At least they could have added the apostrophe s ('s) after the word mom: "So good... like mom's". At least with that, we can speculate that it is something that mom makes, which in this case, could be home baked bread. Or the best thing to be done here is complete the phrase. With the phrase "So good... like mom," the only meaning I can think of is this: The bread is as tasteful as my mom. What a very dirty phrase, right? I was trying to find a way to at least point that out to them. I just remember this when I was browsing through my phone and found these pictures. Maybe I am just wrong with my analyzation here. Here is the manufacturer of the bread being supplied to that mall:
Disclaimer: This is just my inquisitive mind inquiring. No intentions of destroying someone's reputation :-).
No comments:
Post a Comment